Let’s Yoga Together

by HEAB on January 8, 2014

I used to love YogaDownload – well, I’m sure I’d still love it if I actually made time for it, but I don’t.  These days when I do have some free time, you unfortunately won’t find me on the yoga mat.  More than likely, I’m sitting on my butt downing a mug of coffee.  However, I really do miss doing yoga, and so when I got an email from YogaDownload this morning about their 21 Day Lifestyle Challenge, (that’s an affiliate link to the program as I still receive the company’s promotional emails as part of their sales associates program.  Normally I ignore them since I haven’t been doing any yogadownload classes, but I really want to take part in this challenge myself and decided to share it with you.).  Anyway, I decided no more excuses.  I’m going to do yoga for 21 days starting January 10.  Would you like to join me?  Hope so, because if I know someone out there is going to do it with me, it will help keep me accountable.

You can like The Challenge’s Facebook page to receive daily information about the challenge in your Facebook feed.  There will be yoga classes, a meditation sequence, and a nourshing recipe posted daily.  I’m not on Facebook, but I’m still able to see the page.  So, it should be visible to all of you non-Facebookers as well.  It’s $10 to purchase a discounted Month Elite Membership (usually $18) with the coupon code REBOOT2014 (so you can stream and/or download every class from the challenge).  However, if you don’t want to do the actual Yogadownload classes, just do some yoga on your own, go to a local class, or find a good yoga video on youtube.  Just get on your mat!  I may only have time for a short made-up sequence myself, but I’m going to do my best to do some yoga every single day of the challenge.

So, are you in?

Tracy January 8, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Hi Heather! Great to hear back from you this afternoon….it sure is cold. Looking forward to some warmer temps this weekend in Kansas City!

I’m in for the yoga challenge! I did it last year as well and would be glad to join you this year!

Namaste :)

HEAB January 13, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Hi Tracy,
Hope the yoga challenge is going well for you. I’m having a tough time fitting in any yoga at all. :( It will get easier, right????

Tracy January 13, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Of course it will!! Have faith! The important thing is your desire to do it. Even bending over for a single down dog counts ;) Get Summer to do it with you :)

Kate @ Coffee with Kate January 8, 2014 at 9:28 pm

What a neat and flexible challenge. Congrats on giving up the “excuses” mentality .. been there, said that. I do yoga at a local studio, but keep us posted on how the challenge goes!

HEAB January 13, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Hi Kate,
Well, truth be told, it’s not going so well. Having a tough time fitting in any of the podcasts I’ve been downloading, but trying to do some type of yoga everyday, even if it’s just five Sun Salutations at night. If I don’t get up and to them at 5 AM, they just don’t happen. I’ll figure something out as I always feel so much better after a little yoga!

Kate @ Coffee with Kate January 13, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Hey even a little bit is more than you’d be doing without the challenge! Someone from my work is doing it too … I’ll have to see how they’re doing. I wouldn’t be able to stay committed just from podcasts … too much responsibility on me to actually take initiative haha.

HEAB January 14, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Kate,
I hear ya – so missing my yoga studio, but I know I’ll get back there someday. :) Hope the challenge is going well for your coworker.

Susan January 9, 2014 at 10:30 am

Hey girl! Happy, happy 2014! Hope things are off to an excellent start for you and the family. I am in for the challenge, too. I generally only do yin or restorative yoga so I think I will commit to doing it that each day! Take care and thanks for passing along a fabulous idea!

HEAB January 13, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Hi Susan,
2014 is going pretty well thus far…even though it’s been bitterly cold! So ready for some warmer weather! I’m having a hard time fitting in any yoga, but I think I’d be up for some restorative yoga in the evenings. That vinyasa flow podcast I have just hasn’t sounded very appealing at night. After we get the kids all in bed and eat dinner, I just want to hang out with my husband and veg! I keep setting my alarm to do yoga in the morning, but that hasn’t been happening either. Perhaps something gentle is just what I need. Thanks for the reminder, and I hope you’re enjoying the challenge. :)

Catherine @ Chocolate & Vegetables January 9, 2014 at 10:53 am

I have been wanting to get more into yoga, but I can’t seem to find the time. Still, I like the idea of doing at least a little yoga every day, so okay…I think I could manage doing at least a 15-min sequence of light yoga in the evenings before bed. How’s that?

HEAB January 13, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Catherine,
I cannot seem to find the time either! It’s tough fitting in yoga sometimes, but yes, even 15 minutes of light yoga is good. Sometimes, I just end my day with a few sun salutations, and that is enough. :)

polly January 9, 2014 at 3:50 pm

oooh yes!!! I am in on 21 of days of yoga. Now only if i could do all 21 days of yoga with muh peach. :) love you.

HEAB January 13, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Polly,
Oh how I wish!!! I’m having trouble fitting in my yoga. Mornings are best, but I usually choose sleep instead. If I knew I could come do yoga at your house, I’m pretty sure I’d jump right out of bed. :)

Sarah January 9, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I’m in! I used to be such a yogi but have fallen out of practice. I’ve been missing it so much! I love the challenge of doing some yoga every day. I might just start tonight because I’m so excited to get started:-).

HEAB January 13, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Sarah,
Trust me, I get it. Been missing yoga a lot myself, especially lately. Hope the challenge is going well for you. I’m having a hard time fitting it in, but I’ll figure something out – just keep reminding myself that any amount of yoga is good, even if it’s just a short sequence before going to bed. Sometimes, that is all I need. :)

Eleora Sills January 13, 2014 at 11:22 am

Thanks for sharing this, Heather. I love yoga and I think I need more challenge for the new year resolution on health. Would like to try soon.

HEAB January 13, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Hi Eleora,
You’re welcome. I love yoga too. :)
Hope you enjoy the challenge and Happy New Year!

Kim January 13, 2014 at 11:01 pm

I SO miss my days of my 90 mins on my beautiful Mandula black mat. Now, with homeschool, when I DO have time, I have a million and one other things I need to do! I get on my mat and just want to hurry up and be done :(
So, I get it! Someday I will get back to the mat, hopefully soon!!

HEAB January 14, 2014 at 2:41 pm

KIM!!!
Been thinking about you. Love being off Facebook, but really miss seeing updates from friends like you. I was wondering if you were still homeschooling – I know that has to be a lot. We’ll both get back on the mat someday…perhaps when our kids are all 18? ;)
Miss you!

Laurie January 14, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Totally in! Best activity during nap time ever, I think I’m somewhere around day 14. Thanks so much for the inspiration Heather. Happy New Year!

HEAB January 29, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Good for you Laurie, and I hope you’re still getting in some time for yoga. Unfortunately, I am not. Just can’t seem to fit it all in. You inspire me! :)

Kim January 24, 2014 at 9:15 am

I have a very similar story to yours (running, weight loss etc) however I am at a point right now where I am so confused and have found myself gaining weight and over exercising. I know you are busy and don’t post an email address but if you could help me or point to a post that would help me I would love that thank you Kim

HEAB January 24, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Hi Kim,
I will email you. :)

Melissa January 28, 2014 at 9:45 pm

This is perfect :) I actually came to your blog in search of yoga download.com site… I couldn’t remember what it’s called lol. Life has been going on… As it typically does and I have allowed my time to be the first thing to get pushed to the side, I want no… Need this… Looking forward to joining the challenge… Late but here’s to some quality mat time… Between life learning with my older ones and nursing my babe… Even if only 10-15 minutes a day… I’m doing it :)

HEAB January 29, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Melissa,
Really, well that is perfect timing! Hope you enjoy the challenge. Unfortunately, I haven’t been doing as much yoga as I wanted to this month. Just can’t seem to fit it all in, but you’ve inspired me to try harder. I definitely have at least 10 to 15 minutes each day to devote some quality time to the mat! Thank you. :)

Sarah @ Hairway to Vegan February 1, 2014 at 2:17 am

I love yoga but have been in a rut lately. Sometimes getting yourself to actually practice is harder than practice itself. I tried out some yoga download stuff awhile ago but wasn’t totally feeling it, maybe ill have to check it out again!

HEAB February 1, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Sarah,
Yes!!! Once I’m on the mat, things are good. It’s getting myself there that is the problem. Working on it. :)

Tracy February 2, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Hi Heather! Just checking in….is yoga happening for you? Hope so and hope all is well :)

HEAB February 3, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Tracy,
NOOOOOOO. All is well, but no yoga. I’ve just decided that even though I miss my practice, life is good without it at the moment. I’ll be back on the mat someday, but today it’s not a priority. I know you get it. Thanks for checking on me. Love that you do that. :)