Simple Gifts

by HEAB on February 20, 2015

On the toddler birthday party circuit?  If so, here are a few simple gift ideas…

Paint some rocks.

Fill a coin purse with fifty wishes (a roll of pennies).  I found the above coin purse at Whole Foods.

When parents request no gifts, we usually just paint a card.  Summer painted the inside of the card below using this technique,

and I used watercolor paints on the front.  I love watercolors – they are so simple and pretty and anyone can paint with them.  Seriously, you cannot mess them up.  Just add water and go!

Hope you have fun at your next birthday party! 🙂

Brittany March 1, 2015 at 8:09 pm

I love DIY gifts for kids. A jar or baggy of homemade peanut butter play dough is a good one too, as long as no one has peanut allergies. I use a little peanut butter, a little dry milk, a little honey and powder sugar to make it, but there are lots of recipes out there.

HEAB March 1, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Brittany,
Oh my gosh, that’s a great idea. Thank you – adding it to our gift list!

tiffany March 1, 2015 at 4:24 pm

you seem like such an awesome mamma! can you please adopt me LOL.
i tried to add you on instagram but you are private! can we be insta buddies?

HEAB March 1, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Hi Tiffany,
Thank you – we love our creative projects around here. 🙂 And sorry, but I never accept Instagram friend requests if the user has a private account and I don’t know them. Resend me your request.

Jessie February 23, 2015 at 9:18 pm

That coin/wish purse is so cute! 🙂

HEAB March 1, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Thanks Jessie,
One of our favorite gifts to give these days – which reminds me, I need to pick up a couple of coin purses this week. We have a tea party and a bounce house party coming up soon! 🙂

Purelytwins February 22, 2015 at 10:06 am

awesome ideas!! Michelle and I loved painting growing up!!

Jess February 22, 2015 at 5:26 am

Such cute ideas! I will have to get some water colours asap! Such a pretty card!

HEAB March 1, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Jess. Love me some watercolors. Fun for kids too – so much you can do with them.

Cara (Twinthusiast) February 21, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Love the rocks. I always appreciate low-key ideas.

HEAB March 1, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Cara. Me too! 🙂

Lorne February 21, 2015 at 2:36 pm

My wee niece turned 2 yesterday and I decorated some brown paper with butterflies and flowers. Minu and I made a card together. It was so nice to sit and create for a while.

Thanks for the inspiration Heather 🙂

HEAB March 1, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Hi Lorne, so glad you and Minu enjoyed your time together, and I’m sure you niece loved her sweet card. 🙂

Tracy February 21, 2015 at 9:17 am

Hi Heather!!! 🙂

Darling gift ideas! I especially love the painted rocks. Heck, I’d love to receive a cute painted rock as a gift!! Water colors are magical, yes!

Wonderful to hear from you. How have you been? Hope you and your kids are staying healthy and enduring these cold winter months!

xoxoxo
Tracy

HEAB March 1, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Hi Tracy,
We’ve been good – just been trying to enjoy this crazy winter weather, but truth be told, I’m kind of over it. We are in major need of a warm front. Man, I really take nice weather for granted, and even though we try to get outside even when it’s cold, I am so ready to open the back door first thing in the morning, and just say, “go play”. We’re all going a little stir crazy and in need of major doses of fresh air and sunshine. So happy to see March 1 on my calendar! How about you? Hope all is well. 🙂

Susan February 21, 2015 at 9:05 am

Such wonderful ideas. And you are so right about the watercolor! So easy, so fun and it always ends up looking fabulous!

HEAB March 1, 2015 at 9:22 pm