Let’s Get Messy

by HEAB on June 16, 2015

Food: Hummus with chips and carrots, my favorite guacamole, more chips (you can never have enough tortilla chips in my opinion), crackers with peanut butter and apple slices, cheese pizza and hot dogs from Costco (so cheap/so good), deviled eggs, chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies.

Beep, beep, beep…big fans of Little Blue around here.

as well as Piggie and Gerald

So yeah, the mud pit wasn’t a very good idea…

Cornstarch finger paint colored brown with cocoa powder.

but this one was even worse…

We buried small colored glass beads in rice and gave all the kids little buckets to fill and take home as party favors…and then proceeded to clean up rice for HOURS after the party ended.  It was EVERYWHERE.  Oh well, the kids had fun.

As did all the parents.  We’re still in that stage where birthday parties are basically an excuse for us to invite all of our friends over for pizza and beer. 🙂

Monster gifts…

Inspiration here.

And to finish things off, a pink cake with dirt topping…

The best strawberry cake with Oreos.

Happy Birthday Charlie and Katie.  You fill our lives with much love, laughter, sweetness…and dirt. Ha!  We love you both so much!

Lou July 14, 2015 at 2:41 am

Oh my!! Can’t believe they are THREE! Crazy crazy…. what an amazing looking party, seriously, you are a super-Mum (Mom)…. that cakes looks/sounds yummo!!

Cherie June 19, 2015 at 2:36 pm

A belated Happy Birthday Charlie and Katie! It really is unbelievable they’re already 3!! Looks like they had a great day with lots of love and good wishes. And as always, love your creative theme!

HEAB June 20, 2015 at 10:09 am

Thanks Cherie – I can’t believe they’re three either! Their birthday was a good day. We love bday parties around here, especially messy ones. 🙂

Ana June 18, 2015 at 3:26 pm

What a lovely party Heather!!!
Parties are a different kind of fun at that age! I always enjoy seeing Matheus interact with his friends on his parties. Now he invites the boys over for sleepovers and I crack up with the jokes and funny conversations they have haha!
Ana 🙂

HEAB June 18, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Thanks Ana, it was a fun time. The conversations our kids have with their friends are already entertaining – can’t wait to hear what they have to say to each other in a few years. 🙂

Tracy June 18, 2015 at 11:22 am

Happy Birthday, Charlie & Katie!!

What a darling theme! Very cute and well executed even if the mud and sand rice didn’t turn out so well! Lol…I bet you’ll be discovering more rice for a while!

Did you do the artwork? Bravo!

I love your hair! Is is short now or is that a bun? Either way so cute!

HEAB June 18, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Thanks Tracy. It was a fun party, and yes, I did the chalk drawings. Children’s fictional characters are my specialty. 🙂

Hair got chopped back in December, and now I’m growing it back out. Short hair was a nice change – needed to happen, but it’s too much work. I’m a much better chalk artist than I am hair stylist.

Liz S. June 17, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Aww, love this birthday theme! Wishing Charlie and Katie a very happy birthday. Xo

HEAB June 18, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Thanks Liz – it was a fun party. 🙂

Marty June 17, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Oh my gosh! I can’t believe Katie and Charlie are 3! I’m soooo behind on quilts! When I get to NC! Love to you all, xo m

HEAB June 18, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Marty,
Hahaha – no worries about the quilts – we use the one you gave us plus all the blankets ALL THE TIME. In fact, Summer is using the big orange blanket you made for her at camp this week for rest time…she’s napping more there than she ever naps at home. Must be the blanket. 😉
Much love to you too – when is the big move????

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) June 17, 2015 at 8:31 am

you are so cute heather! did you get your hair cut?i bet the kids had a blast with that dirty party 🙂

HEAB June 18, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Thanks Melissa, and yes, chopped my hair OFF in December. Trying to grow it back out. Short hair requires too much work, but it was a fun change. Needed to happen. 🙂