Final HEAB Post

by HEAB on August 1, 2017

It’s time to say goodbye friends.  My hosting contract is about to expire, and I’ve decided not to renew it.  Letting go of this blog makes me sad, but since I rarely post anymore, I’m having a hard time justifying the cost.  I started this blog back in 2008, and I put so much time and love into it.  I was hoping once the kids got older, I’d start writing again, but I feel like I’m more busy now than ever…preschoolers are a lot of work!  Perhaps I’ll have more time to write and create once the kids are all in school full-time.  Who knows?  Anyway, I wanted to let you know so that you could print off any favorite recipes, and thanks again for all the love and support you’ve given me over the past nine years.  I will miss this space and all of you.

Much love,

Heather

Elmington

Tabitha August 14, 2017 at 5:11 am

Thank you Heather, I just thought of you today when I remembered an old meatloaf recipe of yours, I started following you years and years ago and love seeing this pic of you and your beautiful family.
Good luck and best wishes for life!

Tabitha

Cherie August 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm

I’m also sad to say good-bye! You were the first food blog I followed and I’ve appreciated every one of your posts. Thanks you!

I’m so happy to see the pictures of you and your beautiful family. I totally understand how busy you are and how fast the time goes by. Enjoy every minute! You’ll always have a special place in my heart Heather and will still be in my thoughts….

beth August 6, 2017 at 2:07 pm

you were the first food featured website i (also) ever read, enjoyed, spent way to much time on the computer browsing as a result of, i am more reserved because of obligations these days, not getting time drunk browsing or dawdling, thank you for your humor and refreshing take on life; i hope we are all getting better all the time, blessings to your creations (interpret liberally), time, when they will be in school, and to your family (all of them). great tidings
and when i hear your state mentioned i’m reminded from time to time of the only person i know that lives there

HEAB August 6, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Thanks Beth,
I loved your comment – made me smile. I actually ended up renewing my blog for another year late last night. Just wasn’t ready to let it go quite yet. Not sure if or when I’ll blog again, but you never know with this Tennessee girl. 😉

Charlene August 6, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Heather, although I have never commented before, I thought if you are closing up the blog I better hop on and say thank you! Your blog has been a long time favorite and I’ll miss it. All the best.

HEAB August 6, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Thanks so much Charlene,
I couldn’t quite let the blog go and ended up renewing my hosting late last night. Not sure when or if I’ll blog again, but the blog is still up, at least for another year. Thanks for reading and for your kind words. 🙂

Jenny Matthews August 5, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Heather!!! Don’t go. I feel sad. But I know you’re not really going anywhere 😘

HEAB August 5, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Thanks Jenny. Love you friend.

Lori Z August 5, 2017 at 11:56 am

Best of luck to you and your beautiful family! Glad I had a chance to print some of your recipes!!

HEAB August 5, 2017 at 9:19 pm

Thanks Lori. 🙂

Katie August 5, 2017 at 11:15 am

It’s been so nice getting to know you over the years! At first I was getting a lot of inspiration from your food posts, but now as I’m approaching motherhood I find myself thinking back to your first posts after life with Summer (I think I first heard of a “babymoon” from you, too!). You have a beautiful family, and I look forward to continuing to follow you all on Instagram 🙂

HEAB August 5, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Hi Katie,
I am so excited for you…that tshirt you got your husband still makes me laugh whenever I think about it. Hahaha – so great (he and CD would get along well me thinks). Many congrats to you and your sweet little family. Take care friend, and I can’t wait to see your little one soon via IG. 🙂

lena August 5, 2017 at 10:08 am

Am sad to say good bye after having followed your blog (which i really enjoyed) but am glad to see how things have turned out for you and for this new chapter in your life. Have a wonderful time ahead with your beautiful family. All the best and hope to someday read your blog again if you ever get back to it!

Thanks for all your sharing (:

HEAB August 5, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Thanks Lena. That means a lot. I’m sitting here debating on whether or not to renew my blog hosting – it expires tonight at midnight. Leaning towards renewing and popping in every once in a while. We shall see. 🙂

Holly August 4, 2017 at 11:05 pm

I have been following you for years. You probably don’t remember but we share a birthday, have the same wedding anniversary, I’m also a massage therapist and now I’m pregnant with my 4th child. I am really going to miss your blogs and receipts but life as a mom is super rewarding and super busy. I wish you and your beautiful family the best and you will definayely be missed!

HEAB August 5, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Holly,
Yes, I remember you. I believe you commented on one of my favorite posts. It was an anniversary post I wrote for Chris, and I think you shared that we shared the same anniversary and had a lot of other things in common. That’s so great you’re about to have your 4th – congrats!! Four kids is a lot of work, but it’s been amazing to watch our tiny crew grow up together. I love that they will always have each other. You take care yourself and enjoy lots of newborn snuggles for me. I miss them so much! And thanks for reading my blog all of these years. 🙂

maggie August 4, 2017 at 10:00 am

I will miss your posts! I hope we can keep in touch and meet up sometime 🙂 And please come back some day!!!

HEAB August 4, 2017 at 12:35 pm

Thanks Maggie, and we will definitely stay in touch. I’m still bummed I wasn’t able to see you guys in Colorado, and I don’t know when I’ll get back to your area as Chris left his job. So, sadly, no more trips to NYC. However, I know we will meet up someday…let’s just all move to Colorado! 😉

Kate August 3, 2017 at 4:04 pm

I just want to add to the list of folks that have been reading your blog for years. It was very nice of you to let us know that you were going to discontinue the blog. I’ll miss it, thanks too for sharing photos of your beautiful family. I’m sure that the kids take up most of your time. I hope you can get more time to read – I recently re-read the post where you pay tribute to your mother and her love of reading. You have a lovely family!

HEAB August 4, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Thanks so much Kate. That means a lot, and I have been reading – so much more this year, and my to-read list has gotten quite long. So, lots of good books await me after we put the kids to bed at night. 🙂

Take care and thanks again for sticking with me all these years. Love, Heather

Jess August 2, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Sending you the biggest hug! Your blog was one of the very first I ever read, and I have loved every post along the way. Happy to follow along on IG and all the best for the future. <3

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 8:53 am

Thanks Jess. You know I love following your yummy bowls of goodness on Instagram, and I’m happy to see you finally found some vegetables in Europe. 🙂

Andrea@WellnessNotes August 2, 2017 at 11:05 am

Sad to see you go, but I totally understand. Kids do require a lot of time and energy for a very long time… You were one of the first blogs I started reading when I started my own blog in 2009 and I always enjoyed your post, back then as well as the occasional post here and there in the last few years.

Wishing you all the best!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 8:53 am

Thanks Andrea, that means a lot. 🙂

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine August 2, 2017 at 9:57 am

You will be missed <3

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 8:54 am

Thanks Rebecca,
I’ll miss y’all!

lindsay Cotter August 2, 2017 at 8:42 am

I am so thankful I got to “know” you back in the early days. You inspired me and still do friend. <3 So thank you! Will follow you on IG!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 8:55 am

Thanks Lindsay. That means a lot, and I’m so grateful for IG – I’ll see you there! 🙂

Susan Olson August 2, 2017 at 8:30 am

Thank you for making my raw meals more enjoyable and for bringing a smile to cooking and food processing! Will miss you and your family updates, best wishes for you and your future!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 8:56 am

Hi Susan,
You’re so welcome. Always happy to spread smiles – thanks for that reminder, and I’m going to miss you guys too!

Misti August 2, 2017 at 8:16 am

Oh man! 🙁 Are you on Instagram?

Best of luck in your life!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 8:57 am

Hi Misti,
Thank you, and I am on IG. My username is heathmacd. Hope to see you there. 🙂

Jen August 2, 2017 at 8:10 am

I will miss this blog. Thank you for sharing pictures of the kids – they are cute!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 8:58 am

Thanks Jen. I’m going to miss you guys!

LeAnn August 2, 2017 at 7:25 am

Wow… has it been that long? You need to know that you brought this 50+ woman a lot of joy. I’ve anxiously awaited posts since.. well.. 2008. I remember praying for you often while you were pregnant with your Summer.. and laughing as I visited Nashville when you were 9 months along with Summer and looking for you on the streets as I vacationed LOL.. But 10 years later, the most profound impact you had on my life was helping me understand the impact sugar had on my physical and mental wellbeing – way before it was popular to talk about – you were telling your secrets of nutbutters to feeling satisfied. So, thank you HEAB.. and God bless you on this journey of love that you follow. I know someday you’ll have another blog.. maybe when the kids are in highschool or college… I’ll be in my 70’s by then (God willing).. and I’ll still be anxiously waiting for HEAB’s blog posts. You are gifted in so many ways but one of them is expressing yourself in the written word – may you find time and contentment in whatever way you’re able to share that gift whether with your family or the interwebs! Goodbye for now…

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:05 am

Hi LeAnn,
Thank you for taking the time to write me such a sweet comment. That’s hilarious about your visit to Nashville, and it makes me happy to hear that this blog helped you. Nut butter will always trump sugar in my opinion, and I’m hoping someday I’ll have the time to write more about that fact and how it changed my life for the better. Much Love, and if you ever come to Nashville again, please let me know. You’ll still be able to email me at heather@heathereatsalmondbutter.com.

Brittany Dixon August 2, 2017 at 5:59 am

Sad to see you go, but I understand the time and attention preschoolers demand. Enjoy the time with your family! Wishing you the best!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:05 am

Thanks Brittany. That means a lot. 🙂

Mary August 2, 2017 at 4:16 am

Thank you for such a great blog, I’ve always enjoyed it!! Love and good luck to you all!!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:06 am

Thanks Mary. That means a lot. 🙂

cota August 2, 2017 at 1:13 am

I am sorry to see you go 🙁 And thanks for the warning. When is the last week to reach the contents?
Thanks again and enjoy your wonderful family.

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:07 am

Hi Cota,
I’m going to miss you guys too! I’m not sure what will happen when I don’t renew my hosting contract, but it expires on Sunday, August 6th.

Mary August 2, 2017 at 12:54 am

You were my first blog to follow even before you had any children. I’m so sorry to see you go. I enjoyed reading about your life and recipes. I hope you come back some day. Good luck to you and your family! All of the best to you!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:08 am

Hi Mary,
I hope to be back someday as well as I’m really going to miss this space. Thanks for sticking with me all these years. 🙂

Marcia August 1, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Ah sad, but I understand. My 10 year old blog is also sad and dusty. I was on a roll earlier this year, but with a full time job and two kids (both now in school, whee!) and baseball and swimming and … it’s not happening.

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:09 am

Hi Marcia,
You know I get it. Perhaps we can both get back to blogging in about 18 years or so? Take care and thanks for reading. 🙂

averie @ averie cooks August 1, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Congrats for being an amazing mama to FOUR kids! Your family is your priority and kudos for signing off of this chapter of your life and recognizing that life changes and moves on! I think about you fondly and often! xoxo

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:13 am

Thanks Averie,
Hope all is well. It always amazes me how much your blog has evolved and changed. So happy for your success – you’ve earned it. Take care, and I’ll see you on IG. 🙂

michelle August 1, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Heather you were the first food blog I ever read and I’ve pretty much followed you from day 1. So nice to see you with your beautiful family. Btw, I still make and love your fermented oatmeal recipe 🙂

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:15 am

Thanks so much Michelle,
That means a lot, and I LOVE that you still make the oatgurt. I haven’t made it in a long time, and every time someone mentions it, I say I’m going to make it. Perhaps this is the week – I think my kids would love it, and if they don’t, more for me. Ha! Take care and thanks for sticking with me for so long. Much love, Heather

Ashley R August 1, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Aww, Heather! I’m sad to see your here-and-there posts go. You have such beautiful kids! I believe they have all come in the time I’ve been reading. Funny… I have also added two little family members since then. I get it. Kids are SO much of my time, so I support your decision to give as much focus as you can to them. Just sad not to hear from you anymore! If you have an Intagram or something if the like, I’d love to follow you.
Also, if you ever find yourself in the PNW again, more so Oregon, send me an email and I will show you around!
Good work, momma!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:21 am

Hi Ashley,
Thanks for sticking with me for so long, and I love reading about how our families have both grown over the last few years. I can’t wait to get back to Oregon someday. We loved Bend, and if it wasn’t so far away from friends and family, I’d move there in a heartbeat. Plus there are several hikes we didn’t get to do because of snow. I need to get back and cross them off my list! 🙂 Anyway, thanks again for reading and for understanding why it’s finally time for me to step away from this space. My IG username is heathmacd. I’ll see you there. 🙂

Nan August 1, 2017 at 8:56 pm

I’ve loved your blog. Your positive and happy outlook (and awesome recipes) really helped me over the years. Thank you!!! Best wishes for the future!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:21 am

Thanks Nan, that means a lot. 🙂

Alisa Fleming August 1, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Aw man, I selfishly kept hoping that you would come back and loved the random posts! So hard to believe you have four kids now – you must be SO blissfully busy. Good luck to you and you know where to find me 🙂 If you still connect on social, please do reach out. I would love to ask you some questions about Nashville, too, as I hope to visit the country music capital next year!

Good luck to you and your adorable fam 🙂

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:31 am

Thanks Alisa,
You were such an inspiration to me during my regular blogging days and still are. I’m not much of a dairy girl, and your writing and recipes have helped me a lot over the years. So, thank you for that. I’m on IG (heathmacd), and you can always email me at heather@heathereatsalmondbutter.com. I’d love to answer any questions you have about Nashville and hope you’re able to visit someday!

Susan August 1, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Hi Heather
Gosh, change is tough. You obliviously have a lot on your plate and there is so much in life to truly enjoy that it would be impossible to keep them all going and still enjoy it all.
So, it is okay to move on and know you were successful at your blog and made a lot of people happy.
Keep lots of notes in a journal on all you learn over the next few years because you might have plenty of good reasons to blog again.
Thanks for all your time and commitment.
Enjoyed your site and wish you and your family lots of luck.

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:28 am

Hi Susan, thanks for reading and for your understanding and kind words. I will miss this space, but I will be taking notes!!! Not sure how or when, but I have a feeling I’ll be back someday. Take care and much love, Heather

Emily Lin August 1, 2017 at 8:30 pm

All the best, Heather! I never met you but you always came across as a lovely woman 🙂 and your kids are so beautiful!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:26 am

Thanks Emily, that means a lot. 🙂

Liz S. August 1, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Your amazing blog gave me a wonderful friend all these years – so my selfish response is that you BETTER continue to keep in touch! Xoxo

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:25 am

Thanks Liz,
We’ll always be in touch. Much love to you. 🙂

Jane August 1, 2017 at 8:05 pm

You have 4,beautiful reasons to focus elsewhere! They are lucky to have you. All the best and thanks for contributing!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:25 am

Thanks Jane, that means a lot. 🙂

Rachel August 1, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Thanks for all you’ve shared with us, Heather!! I can’t believe your kiddos are all so big now- you don’t look like you’ve aged a day since I started reading though, which was before any of them were born! It’s also hard to remember a time when I didn’t eat almond butter regularly, but I think before reading your blog I’d actually never had it. Wow, haha.
All the best to you and your family. I hope someday I come across your writing again!

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:24 am

Hi Rachel, if one person out there discovered almond butter because of me, then I consider my job done. Ha! 🙂 Thanks for reading and for sticking with me all these years. Going to miss you guys.

Cara August 1, 2017 at 8:02 pm

All the very best to you and your awesome family.

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:22 am

Thanks Cara. Same to you. 🙂

Tracy August 1, 2017 at 8:00 pm

So sad to say good-bye!! I’ve loved following all these years. I hope you come back some day!!

Your kids are ADORABLE!! Wishing you all the best, Heather!!

xoxo

HEAB August 3, 2017 at 9:21 am

Thanks Tracy, that means a lot. I hope to be back someday as well. Going to miss you guys!