Vanilla Almond Flour Cake
Inspired by the Very Vanilla Cupcake recipe from The Almond Flour Cookbook.
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup (I find if you use a really good butter like Kerrygold, you won’t need as much sweetener)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 & 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs yolks until pale yellow with a handheld mixer, then whisk in coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and vinegar. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs whites to stiff peaks with a hand held mixer. Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixtures.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda, then gently fold into the egg mixture. Spoon the batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 20-30 min, until the top of the cake is golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes; the center will sink just a bit – that is normal.