Almond Flour (Extra Fluffy) Pancakes
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seltzer water (hence the Extra Fluffy)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- sweetener to taste (I use 1 packet of stevia)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 egg whites
- Stir together all ingredients except egg whites.
- Whip egg whites until white stiff peaks form and then fold them into your pancake batter.
- Fry pancakes over low heat in a greased skillet or on a pancake griddle.
Edited to Add: Some helpful info from a reader – Because they are more like a waffle batter, they cook very differently than traditional pancakes, or at least they did on my griddle. They browned a lot faster but also took longer to get the center done, so I needed to turn down the burner quite a bit from where I normally cook pancakes.