- 1 cup toasted rolled oats. I just toast them in the toaster oven set on 350° for a few minutes. Watch them as they burn easily.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) pastured salted butter, softened
- 3 to 4 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar, chopped or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Scoop cookie dough by TBSP (I actually use a melon ball scooper) onto parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and then I just pick them up and form into balls before placing on cooling rack.