CD’s Almond Butter Chili
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 pound lean beef
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes (with salt)
- 2 heaping TBSP chili powder
- 2 TBSP almond butter
- garlic powder and cayenne pepper to taste
- In large pot over high heat, sauté chopped veggies in butter and garlic powder until done.
- Add beef, stirring constantly until beef is cooked through.
- Add in canned tomatoes, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and almond butter.
- Turn heat to low, allowing chili to simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. The chili will thicken the longer it cools.