Adapted from Hodgson Mill’s Old Fashioned Cornbread Recipe.
- 2 cups stone ground cornmeal
- 1 3/4 cups HEABified coconut milk (can sub regular milk or nut milk)
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 400℉
- Stir together milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Add butter to 12″ cast iron skillet and place in oven.
- Mix corn meal, baking powder, soda, salt. Add egg and milk.
- Remove skillet from oven and add heated butter to batter. Pour batter back into skillet. Return to oven and bake 25-35 minutes or until brown.