Lactation Cookies, HEABified
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 2 cups toasted rolled oats (toast in 350° oven on a foil lined baking sheet 5 – 10 minutes)
- 2 sticks pastured butter, softened
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBSP flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBSP Brewers Yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut. (can sub slivered almonds or other chopped nuts)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or raisins
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Combine flax seed with water and set aside, allowing to gel for about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients including flax seed gel, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 325º
- Remove cookie dough from fridge and roll into bite sized balls.
- Place on foil lined baking sheets and bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Cookies will come out of the oven looking like this…
- Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes. Then reshape into balls and place on cooling racks in the fridge or freezer.
- Once cooled, place on plate, and make them look pretty before presenting to new mom.
- To keep husbands out of cookies, warn them they will lactate if even one cookie is consumed.