Mac & Cheese with Peas, HEAB Style
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 TBSP butter (I love KerryGold)
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP tahini
- 1/2 avocado
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut your squash in half and place face up on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375° degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Scrape out the seeds and then scrape the noodle-like flesh away from the skin with a fork and place in a bowl. I usually scrape out the entire squash, and store half in a glass container in the fridge for later.
- Chop up your butter and mix in with the hot noodles allowing it to melt.
- Toss buttery noodles with nutritional yeast.
- Chop up avocado and add to your bowl.
- Add a drizzle of tahini, and now you have a big bowl of cheesy pasta with “peas”. Top with salt and pepper and enjoy!