Maple Nut Oaties
- 1 cup toasted rolled oats. I just toast them in the toaster oven set on 350° for a few minutes. Watch them as they burn easily.
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate/carob chips or dried fruit (One really good combo is cashew butter with dried pineapple. Yum!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (omit if using salted nut butter)
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Scoop cookie dough by TBSP (I actually use a melon ball scooper) onto parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, and then I just pick them up and form into balls before placing on cooling rack.