This recipe was inspired by Justine, my protein pancake muse. 🙂
- 6 egg whites or 3/4 cup carton egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 2 TBSP pumpkin
- 1 scoop or 30 grams of protein powder. I find that rice protein powder works best, but I’ve also used whey. DO NOT use egg white protein powder unless you want a rubber tire for breakfast.
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- For less rubbery cakes, add one of the following: 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/4 cup oat bran, or 2 to 4 TBSP flour of choice.
- Beat the egg whites with cream of tarter until still white peaks form.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Stir pumpkin into dry ingredients and then fold in egg whites.
- Once it reaches pancake batter consistency (still a bit lumpy), pour half into a greased skillet over medium high heat.
- Watch carefully as they do not take very long to cook, only 1 to 2 minutes on each side.