Spaghetti Carbonara, HEAB Style
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 slices prosciutto, bacon, or tempeh bacon
- 2 TBSP hummus
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
- steamed Brussels sprouts (optional)
- Cut your squash in half and place face up on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375° degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Scrape out the seeds and then scrape the noodle-like flesh away from the skin with a fork and place in a bowl. I usually scrape out the entire squash, and store half in a glass container in the fridge for later.
- Prepare Humnut sauce by combining hummus and nutritional yeast with a little water to thin.
- Toss your meat of choice with “noodles” and then cover in Humnut sauce, tahini, salt, pepper, and Brussels sprouts.