My recipe is loosely based on this online recipe for Lamb and Tahini Meatloaf.
- 1 lb organic grass-fed finished beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley or 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 1 TBSP extra virgin coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 TBSP flour (I used gluten-free baking flour)
- salt & pepper to taste
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP honey
- sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for meatloaf in a large bowl with your hands. Place in a loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Stir all topping ingredients together except for the sesame seeds.
- Spoon the sauce onto baked meatloaf and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with sesame seeds and bake another few minutes, until seeds begin to brown.