Teff Indian Spiced Pancakes
Recipe inspired by Lauren’s Spicy Ginger Teff Cookies
- 1 egg + 2 egg white
- 1/4 cup teff flour
- 1 heaping spoonful canned pumpkin or any other winter squash, sweet potato, etc.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp nama shoyu (raw soy sauce). Make sure to use wheat free soy sauce for a gluten free pancakes.
- 1 packet stevia or sweetener of choice
- Beat egg whites until fluffy and then beat in whole egg, pumpkin, and soy sauce.
- Combine dry ingredients and then fold in egg/pumpkin mixture.
- Cook on a griddle over low heat.
Yield: 5 small pancakes.